Welcome to the Southern Green Energy Blog!
Monday, November 7, 2011
If you have decided to investigate solar, here are some things to consider when reviewing quotes. You should always get multiple quotes so you can select the best one for you.
- Do you have the opportunity to personally meet the people that are selling and installing your system.
- Do they offer after sales customer back up.
- Is the warranty long enough to cover your outlay.
- Does the company employ local people.
- Do they support local business.
- Did they calculate output with an onsite inspection, or did they just google your property and send you a quote.
- Did they consider shading in their calculation.
- Do they organise everything including meter installation, or do you have to organise your own contractors.
- Are they offering you the going rate for your REC's or they offering you less.
- Ask your installer if you can lock in the price of the STC's.
- The STC price, which is the government rebate, is intended for the end user -YOU....
YES IS THE ANSWER AT SOUTHERN GREEN ENERGY
SERVICE: for any assistance with your system installed by others give our service team a call. Cleaning panels - some panels have a coating that when cleaning requires soft brushes and soap suds. They should be treated like perspex.
HOME INSURANCE: On installation contact your insurance company to add to the house insurance if attached to your shed you may need additional insurance.
WHEN GETTING QUOTES: Ask what panel and inverter brands are being offered. Did they check your switchboard for compatibility.
If you have any queries or questions you would like answered please send them via facebook or just send through an email email@example.com
The Southern Green Energy Team.
SALES + DESIGN + INSTALLATION + SERVICE + MAINTENANCE
Reader Comments (0)
There are currently no comments on this article. Why not be the first and leave your thoughts below.
Leave Your Comment
Please keep your comment on topic, any inappropriate comments may be removed.